Sunday, May 22, 2011

We can pray

Well I have had a blog for about a week now and I am already on another post so it looks like it may not be a bust! The main question I have been wondering about this whole blogging thing is what on earth am I supposed to blog about? As I have been thinking about this I finally came to the conclusion that nothing needed to be forced and I will know when something happens that I should blog about. This is one of those times...

As you all know, from my first post, I will be spending about a month in Romania with Bro Dave Manary and his family. I told you all how extremely excited I am about this opportunity that the Lord has presented to me and how ready I am to get there and get my hands dirty! Those are the things that were on my mind when I created this blog, I wanted to be able to share what the Lord was doing over there with friends and family back home. While that was my intention this post is not exactly that and not exactly the happiest post either.

I have recently been informed that Bro Dave's father has become very sick. I have not spoken to Dave personally so the only information I have is what Dave has put on facebook. Yesterday he said...

"Update on Dad: In addition to the tumor on his left kidney, he has some stones in his right kidney, two masses in his left lung, gallstones, the tumor has grown "into his bladder." I do not know if that means it entered or is pushing against the bladder. In any case, please pray."

As you can see this is a very hard time for the Manary family and I think as a body of Christ it is our responsibility to lift them up during this time. The least we can do is pray. Prayer is a powerful thing that as many of you know has extremely powerful results. No, we may not always receive the result we hope to but during those times we cling to Christ and he carries us through life because we know that His will was done.

Since then Dave has posted that his dad is off of the pain medication and his blood pressure is back to normal. But, he asked that we pray for his kidney levels to rise enough for the doctors to do a color contrast test to find the extent of the tumors growth. We can do that. 


This is just another example of something bad happening to a good person. When these things come up we cannot help but ask, "Why?" This concept has been on my mind this week and I found a passage in Isiah that I will leave you with that clears up that why question.


Isiah 55 says this." 8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord.For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts."

In Him,
 Lawson Albey

No comments:

Post a Comment